Northern Film & Media’s funding is split into four areas
Development Fund / Market Access Fund / Company Kick Start Fund / Familiarisation Funds
The aim of Northern Film & Media funding is help drive the development of a commercial, creative, competitive and successful regional media sector with an international reputation through supporting access to key events, festivals and networks and the development of exceptional film, television and digital media proposals.
Up to £1,500 in development funding is available for for film, TV and digital media projects.
Market Access Fund
Up to £300 of support is available to support attendance at strategically important film and television festivals, markets and events.
Applications to both of these funds are welcomed from North East based companies only. For more information on the funding criteria and application deadlines please download the PDF document below. To discuss making an application please contact the Creative Industries Manager on 0191 440 4563 or email: email@example.com
Market Access Fund is now open for applications. The final deadline for applications is 17th January 2014. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis so can be submitted at any time.
Company Kick Start Fund
Up to £1k is available to applicants based in the North East who wish to set up a new film, television or digital media company.
Company Kick Start Fund specific eligibility criteria:
- You must be setting up a new company based in the North East region (Tyne and Wear, Tees Valley, Northumberland, County Durham)
- Your new company must operate in the creative industries specifically the film, television or digital media sector (please note we will not fund corporate video production companies or advertising/marketing agencies)
- You must provide cash/in kind match as per the general funding guidelines.
- You must provide a detailed business plan with your application
What the Company Kick Start Fund will support:
- Company registration
- Website creation and branding
- Business cards / stationary etc
- Capital items such as sector specific equipment/software
- Consultancy fees (eg. Marketing)
- Showreel creation / marketing materials
This fund is open until February 15th 2014. We will assess applications on a rolling basis and we can receive applications at any time. To apply please use the application form available to download below.
Please ensure you have spoken to Roxy Bramley, Creative Industries Manager before making an application (0191) 440 4563 or firstname.lastname@example.org
North East Familiarisation Fund
Accommodation, travel and location manager support is available for companies based outside of the region interested in bringing major film and TV projects to the North East. If you are interested in the familiarisation fund please contact Gayle Woodruffe, Production Service Manager on 0191 440 4562 or email email@example.com